curl-users

RE: compiling curl on AIX 5.3

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:22:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Everett, Marty wrote:

> I did not change the config options from 7.15 to 7.16. I have tried other
> version of 7.16 with the same results but with different line numbers.

(Please don't top-post)

The only difference (from 7.15.5 to 7.16.0) I could see that would affect that
enum is that the latter checks for __HIGHC__ as well and consider such a
compiler to be ISO C (and that's for the Metaware's High-C compiler).

If you define CURL_ISOCPP before the first #ifdef CURL_ISOPP line, does that
make it compile?

BTW, I just tried a recent curl version on AIX 5.3 box, and configure found cc
and I could build curl fine with it (no extra option for C89 or anything
required).