curl-users

Re: Struggling to get curl to upload to drop box

From: Rick Dwyer <rdwyer_at_quick-link.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:05:14 -0400

On Aug 27, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 01:10:30PM -0400, Rick Dwyer wrote:
>> remote ftp directory configured as a drop box only. The remote
>> directory
>> will not let you get a directory listing and any attempt to do so
>> will
>> return an error. Therefore I was instructed to issue my commands
>> as PUT
>> only in Active mode (passive will be rejected).
>>
>> The following is my syntax which I believe to be correct, but the
>> files are
>> not arriving in the remote directory and I receive no error message
>> indicating my syntax is wrong.
>>
>> do shell script ("curl -P 192.168.80.113 -T /TempUploads/
>> RickTest99.zip -u
>> user/name:mypass ftp://ftp.remoteftpaccount.com/")
>
> This will attempt to upload the file into the root directory of the
> server.
> That seems unlikely to be the location you want. Try appending
> the name
> of your drop box on the remote server to the URL in your command.
> If the
> root directory *is* what you want, then please send a log of the
> session
> (using --trace-ascii or -v) so we can see it. It's not just syntax
> errors
> that can cause a problem; in this case, it's likely that the remote
> server
> is replying with some kind of error or status code that will help
> locate
> the problem.

> --
> http://www.MoveAnnouncer.com The web change of address
> service
> Let webmasters know that your web site has moved

Dan,
You have made my life considerably easier.
I used the -v and low and behold, terminal indicated I was in fact
connecting successfully, but the file I was uploading was a
duplicate, therefore it was not processing it. After repeated
discussions with the vendor, never once did he indicate that the ftp
server would not overwrite existing files even though he knew I was
using the same file over and over for testing.
That appears to have resolved the issue.
You help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

  --Rick