curl-users

Re: How to login to gmail using curl command line

From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:05:43 -0400

On 9/6/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Yedidi, Santhosh wrote:
>
> > How to login to gmail using curl command line
>
> Submit the correct info and do the proper requests. You probably need to
> enable cookies, set correct user-agent and possibly deal with embedded
> javascript.
>
> If you have specific questions on how to use curl, please post them here!

Given the amount stuff going on the gmail interface with javascript
and all, I'd just ditch the curl approach completely, enable POP
retrieval on the account and use a pop client (program or library as
required) instead. curl may be a really good hammer for a lot of
different kinds of nails, but I don't think this problem should be
viewed as a nail.

Lars Nilsson