curl-users

Re: curl https file upload output

From: Richard Vasquez <rickv_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:53:42 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:48:17 +0100 (CET)
> Von: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> An: the curl tool <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Betreff: Re: curl https file upload output

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Richard Vasquez wrote:
>
> > #!/bin/ksh
>
> I can't say I know much about korn shell's peculiarities...
>
> > ...the following is returned

> > 127
>
> You didn't show us how you invoke that script. A little idea is to use the
> --trace-ascii option to dump the full protocol stream and see if that
> makes
> anything pop out.
>
> curl cannot normally return 127, it would only happen if it crashed or
> something.
>
> --
> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Thanks for the tip Daniel. Script is executable and called from command line.
As you alluded to and Alessandro mentioned, my problem had to do with my shell script NOT curl. Normally I test scripts with "set -x", I didn't this time. Sorry bout that!
And I ended up using "eval $CURL_CMD" in the script.