curl-users

Re: [PATH] --data-urlencode

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:25:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

> About the man page, I'd replace "Note that the name part is not encoded"
> with something like "Note that the name part is expected to be already
> urlencoded."

A fair suggestion, I've modified it now!

> The syntax you proposed covers the vast majority of cases, where
> the name does not need encoding. It is cumbersome to handle cases
> where the name contains, e.g., %3D, so not all cases can be handled.

HTML pages with dynamic form input names are very rare so the need for
dynamicly encodes of names should be much less frequent.

> However, the only way I've been able to view the encoded data is by
> using -Gv or --trace options. It would be handy to know how to encode
> a complicated name before resorting to an external website:

I don't see why post data is any special here than all other kinds of
operations you do with curl? I mean, you don't get to see a lot of stuff until
you actually send it!