curl-users

Re: curl-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 20

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:42:30 +0100

Naiem Shaik wrote:
> [...]
> Hi Vesely,

Hi,
firstly, I'd ask you to copy the subject and trim the quoted response appropriately,
in order to keep messages terse and easy to understand.

> I am working on Linux, Gtk port of Webkit.
> I have used -L option and was able to open mail.google.com from command prompt.
> But in code there is still no progress,
> Can you please help me.

Secondly, curl has a number of lists (see http://curl.haxx.se/mail/ ) and
curl-library is dedicated to using libcurl. Thus, I guess you'd be better
off asking them. (I'm not currently subscribed there, so I don't cc this
message to that list as well. Perhaps I should.)

> I have set the following options as well
>
> char path[]="/etc/nss_db";
> curl_easy_setopt(d->m_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,2);
> curl_easy_setopt(d->m_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,2);
> curl_easy_setopt(d->m_handle, CURLOPT_CAINFO,path);

Looking at the errors shown below, it seems SSL didn't play yet.

> I have set the Curl in verbose mode and got the following output.
>
> < HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
> [...]
> There is error in httpCode = 302
> <
> * Ignoring the response-body
> * Expire cleared
> * Connection #3 left intact
> * Issue another request to this URL:
> 'https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2'
> * About to connect() to www.google.com port 443 (#4)
> * Trying 64.233.189.104... * Connection refused
> * Failed connect to www.google.com:443; Operation now in progress
> * Expire cleared
> * Closing connection #4

The "connection refused" (ECONNREFUSED)looks like a TCP reset. However "operation
now in progress" (EINPROGRESS) may indicate the TCP handshake was still underway
on a non-blocking socket. Perhaps timeout is too short? Or some socket options...