curl-users

This link is good for FireFox, bad for Curl

From: Jean Marie COUPRIE <abies20_at_neuf.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:15:30 +0100

In the acknowledgment of my registration to a particular site, I have
received a link with the following format :
http://www.domain/home.asp?x=1&y=123456&z=my-id

It is very convenient with FireFox : if I copy this in its URL area,
click on the link in the message in ThunderBird or use some editor that
recognize URL, I am directly connected to the application after the
login screen and with slight modification of the link I can directly
reach some other screens.

So I have tried the link as an URL for CURL but this does not work. I
receive stupid page contents and Urls that I do not recognize...
Probably some error screens !

Is this a new occurrence of the "url-encoded" problem discussed here ?
If yes give me, please, a reference (URL ?) defining this URL encoding :
I have assumed (from the CURL man page and previous discussions) that
some special characters as ? = & and probably others have special
meanings in URL (or CURL) and should be replaced by some escape sequences.
  As I use RexxCurl, a patch of the C library has no rapid use for me !

Is this an other problem ? Please give advices.