curl-users

Re: Upload Misbehaving

From: von <vb_nov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 15:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

  On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 02:01:12PM -0700, von wrote:
> Hmm.... I checked my sent item and the password is not included. I hope you
> did not mentioned it. But that's cool.

The user name and password are base64 encoded in the Authorization: line in
the logs you sent; anyone who wants to break into your account already knows
them. Since you didn't seem to believe me, I figured I had better prove
it :^)

  Darn. I believe you man, it's that I didn't noticed that part. A bit of good thing, that's a test environment.

> The second URL is for the cookie location. I tried removing it but the server
> won;t let me upload.

If you need a cookie before you upload, you probably want to do a GET
request first. You need to do that with a separate curl request, e.g.

curl -o /dev/null -u username:password -c FDX securedURL
curl -o c:\temp\login.out -u username:password -T c:\temp\file2upload.log \
-k -b FDX securedURL/cookie.dat -0 -v

The first one gets the cookie and the second one uploads the file. It seems
odd that the second URL ends in cookie.dat. I'm not sure I completely
understand what you're trying to do yet.

  I see got it.

> Again, I'd like to point out that the command below is used on two different
> machine and the other one uplaoded and one did not.

That very odd, if everything between the two machines is the same. There
isn't a proxy server in the way, is there?

  No there ain't and the two machines are on the same domain (the user account) if that counts anyway. and they are close to each other physically :)

  I might have forgotten to mention that the two machines have the same environment: winXP sp2, same applications installed, same libcurl installed, same cURL used and the same exact script and the same file used to upload.

  I hope you still have patience with this issue. Thanks!

>>> Dan

--
http://www.MoveAnnouncer.com The web change of address service