curl-users

XML File Upload - Help !

From: <acpark_at_surefish.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:46:00 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I am new to curl and trying to upload a file to a remote server and have
come across a 4kb limit to the file size. Having viewed the trace files
showing the file that I send and the error file I get in return, I am
thinking that the file being sent should be chunked and this is not
happening. Is there a way of setting the chunk/buffer size ?

I am using version 7.18.2 on sparc solaris. Command line -
/usr/lib/local/bin/curl -v -k -d @export.xml -H "Content-Type: text/xml"
-u username:password "https://URL/Upload.ws"

The relevant portion of the -v trace is as follows -

> Expect: 100-continue

< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
< Server: Orion/2.0.7
< Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:29:19 GMT
< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
< Server: Orion/2.0.7
< Connection Close
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
<

What follows is an xml error file with an error message of "Parse Error a
[row,col]: 1, 4284 Message: Read time out"

If I add -H "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" then the error changes to
"Message: Content not allowed in trailing section"

If I adjust the file I am sending so that it is under 4kb it is accepted
by the remote server.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Andrew