curl-users

RE: Problems

From: jianghao <realjiangms_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 00:01:05 +0800

Hi dan, Sorry to puzzle you with unreadable response. But I formatted it well when I sent it. Also, since we have discussed it here, is it necessary to change to curl-library mailing list?> So 'neg_ctx->output_token.value' was NULL at that time?> > If so, we should add a check before the Curl_base64_encode() is called there > and bail out if it is. Right? Well, both neg_ctx->output_token.value and neg_ctx->output_token.length are zero at that time. Maybe we should add a check before the Curl_base64_encode(), but I think even Curl_output_negotiate needn't be called if neg_ctx is filled by zero.> > It's true that NTLM authenticates the connection, but it depends on the > > challenge string sent from server.> > Depends how? If I understand you correctly you say that NTLM can still be > negotated for you even if the server drops the connection during the > handshake. I've personally never seen that happen and I didn't know it was > even possible - for the reason alread!
 y stated that NTLM authenticates the > connection and thus disconnecting makes it strange since then it isn't longer > the same connection for which the autentication started for. Yes, the handshake is done by http protocol, and http protocol was designed as a nonpersistent protocol, so I think server is entitled to close the connection at each response. I'm just a beginner of NTLM, so I don't know if there's some special rules for http connection when using NTLM. But I think NTLM can still be negotiated even if the server drops the connection after response. > Can you show us your work-around for this problem as a diff -u output? Or even > better, have you thought about or produced a proper fix for it? We have made > some minor NTLM fixes in the current code, so you may want to base any > efforts, tests or further patches on the CVS version and not 7.18.2... For my current work, I'v changed a http_ntlm.c to fix this, but since I haven't read most src of Curl, my f!
 ix may be incondite. My work-around is fedora8+websphere6.1+curl 7.15.3, also I'd tested on 7.18.2 and get the same result. Websphere6.1 will close connection each time ,may be you can try to download a trial version and test it. I should say sorry that I can't understand the meaning of 'show you my work-around for this problem as a diff -u output', but I'll send you a diff file between my fix and http_ntlm.c of 7.15.3. I'll also send you the outputs of curl -v. All this will be appended as attechment in next mail ,I'll send it after about 9 hours. To prevent mess, I'll attech the context of this mail as mail.txt.