curl-users

Re: Configure script ... Adding a new SSL library support

From: Sajith T S <sajith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:36:50 +0530

Joshy_Jose_at_McAfee.com wrote:

> I am able to build this rsassl powered libcurl in windows platform
> and it is working fine. But compiling and building for other platforms
> , I need to edit the file named conifigure generated by GNU Auto conf
> tool so that I can use the build.sh for linux, solaris etc... Can you
> please help me for adding support for my RSASSL in the confgure script
> file. How can I get a new configure file added with this?

You don't edit configure script per se, rather edit configure.ac and
then run it through autoconf to generate a new configure script.

You can learn how this is done for openssl, gnutls etc from curl's
configure.ac. If you are not quite familiar with GNU autotools and
m4, you might want to spend some time learning them. These might be
helpful:

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/autotools_a_guide_to_autoconf_automake_libtool

Be warned that this is not expert advice. :) This shouldn't be
outrageously wrong either.

--
"the lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."
     	         -- Chaucer.