curl-users

Re: curl_multi_exec limits?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:45:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Terra Frost wrote:

> Is there a limit to the number of URLs that I can open with
> curl_multi_exec?

That's the name of a function in the PHP binding to libcurl. I would suggest
using the curl-and-php mailing list for questions on that!

> HTTP/1.1 Pipelining, for instance, doesn't, in theory, have limits, but in
> practice, it does seem to. What about cURL?

libcurl itself has no particular limits, if you're referring to amount of
concurrent transfer/handles or so. Your system/app may have a maximum amount
of open file handles that'll prevent you from adding many thousands. Also,
when going beyond a few hundred handles the regular curl_multi_perform()
approach start to show that it isn't suitable for many transfers and you
should rather switch to curl_multi_socket() - which I unfortunately believe
the PHP binding has no support for.