curl-users

Re: Question regarding using the ssl sessionid usage

From: Ray Pekowski <pekowski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:50:04 -0500

2009/4/1 Niranjan Ramakrishnan <willowbreaker_at_hotmail.com>

> From what I understood from Daniel's input in the question, the sessionid
> will be reused only for the next SSL handshake when the earlier connection
> has been closed. As far as I understand , the sessionid will be reused
> across multiple handshakes by default and that this feature can be disabled
> with the --no-sessionid flag.
>
> Am I missing something here ?

OK, I can't claim to know all the details of the code, but here is what I
think you are missing. The curl command line tool allows you to specify
multiple URLs on the same command line. The only way you could hope to
share SSL sessions is via that mechanism. SSL sessions will not be shared
across separate command line invocations. I think the issue about closing
the connection is an implementation detail that has to do with multiple URLs
on the same command line. Maybe Daniel can clarify.

Ray