curl-users

Re: FTP/SSL issue; Help!

From: Max <maxshop01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:46:46 -0400

I did some further investigation and also contacted the "server"
company, and here is what they said:

"Your FTP client must also be able to send the CCC (clear control
channel) command and support sever authentication. Client
authentication is not supported". I am not very clear on what exactly
they mean by server and client authentication.

I tried --ftp-ssl-ccc (jnstead of --ftp-ssl), but it failed right away
at the USER command saying that the "Server policy requires that all
clients be secured. Access denied 503". I also tried changing the CCC
mode to active (--ftp-ssl-ccc-mode active), but got the same error.

I have asked them if they use a specific port range for passive
connections, and am waiting for a response.

Thanks