curl-users

Failure initializing sftp session: Unable to send SSH_FXP_INIT

From: Maury Hammel <mhammel_at_cronustech.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:43:46 -0600

Hello all:

I am attempting to download a file to a Linux server via sftp using curl
(built from source) over a non-standard port and am not having any luck.

The following sftp session on the same server is successful:

% sftp -oPort=10022 username_at_xxx.yyy.com
Connecting to xxx.yyy.com...
Password Authentication
Password:
sftp>

The following is my attempt with curl:

% curl -u username:password sftp://xxx.yyy.com:10022/~/filename
curl: (2) Failure initializing sftp session: Unable to send SSH_FXP_INIT

The associated versions are:

% cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Slurm)
% curl --version
curl 7.19.4 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6b zlib/1.1.4
libssh2/0.17
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

I don't know much about file transfer protocols, and this is my first
attempt at using curl. Did I miss option(s) in the curl command, some
deficiency in the supporting libraries, or something else?

Thanks... Maury

--
Maury Hammel
Technical Associate
Technical Services Dept.
Cronus Technologies Inc. (CTI)
250 - 2nd Ave. S. Saskatoon, SK Canada S7K 1K9
Phone: (306) 652-5798 Ext 107
Toll Free: 1-877-655-5798 Ext 107
Fax: 1-306-652-5799
mhammel_at_cronustech.com
http://www.cfactor.net
This e-mail and any accompanying documents are subject to copyright and
may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any use,
disclosure, retention, copying or action taken in reliance on the
contents of this email and any accompanying documents by anyone other
than an intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not an
intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and
notify us immediately.