curl-users

Re: Patch for Metalink Support

From: Anthony Bryan <anthonybryan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:20:18 -0400

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM, <curl-users-request_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:09:40 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: Patch for Metalink Support
> To: the curl tool <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
>
> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> Ideally, we would build the Mega one based on code used for the normal curl
>> to optimize code re-use. Possibly we could even name such a child 'murl' ...
>
> I blogged about this idea a few weeks ago:
>
>   http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2009/03/09/murl-for-extended-curlness/
>
> The comment recently posted on that post from 'pocoyo' in there lists an
> interesting already started project (mulk) that is based on libcurl that does
> some of what my imaginary 'murl' would do.

mulk now supports metalink:

Multi-connection command line tool for downloading Internet sites with
image filtering and Metalink support. Similar to wget and cURL, but it
manages up to 50 simultaneous and parallel links. Main features are:
HTML code parsing, recursive fetching, Metalink retrieving, segmented
download and image filtering by width and height. It is based on
libcurl, libtidy and libxml2.

http://mulk.sourceforge.net/

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads