curl-users

Unable to use curl with Free Web Proxy

From: unleadedblues <unleadedblues_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:04:34 -0400

I am trying to navigate using curl through a free Web Proxy but I am not
getting the same results I get when doing the same using a browser
manually. To illustrate what I am trying to automate with curl just:

- using a browser, navigate to www.incognitobrowse.info
- enter URL in text input field
- click Surf Now!

That's it! But when I try to use curl I get another page from
incognitobrowse which seems to suggest that my request wasn't ever
passed on to the target URL.

The code I am using is below. Can anyone give me a clue as to what I am
doing wrong?

------ begin code ---------

# Same User Agent String as my browser uses
UA="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13)
Gecko/2009080315 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.13"

# Browse to index.html of Web Proxy
curl -L -A "${UA}" http://www.incognitobrowse.info >
www.incognitobrowse.info.html

# Here I will eventually parse the page returned above to learn correct
POST variables. For now I am just plugging them into the next line

curl --max-redirs 150 -L --referer
"http://www.incognitobrowse.info;auto" -A "${UA}" --data-urlencode
"q=www.msn.com&hl[include_form]=on&hl[accept_cookies]=on&hl[show_images]=on&hl[show_referer]=on&hl[base64_encode]=on&hl[strip_meta]=on&hl[session_cookies]=on" http://www.incognitobrowse.info/index.php > anon_msn.html

# Can someone please give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Thank You,
Curt