curl-users

Curl Issue help

From: Fadia, Mansi <mansi.fadia_at_alliancebernstein.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:57:14 -0400

Hello,

We use Curl to download a file via http from a Vendor in the company.
While setting up curl, we got curl-bundle from the vendor which we have
been using without any issue on the production server.

On Saturday, we had to move to another Unix Box (DR - Disaster Recovery
Machine) due to a Solaris 10 Upgrade on the machine. From then on, we
are receiving SSL Certificate Error on our DR machine. I also want to
mention that Curl was re-installed on the DR machine and we just copied
the old curl-certificate bundle from our Primary Unix box to the DR. The
same Curl command still works fine on the production primary box with
the Old Curl-bundle.

Things we already did:-

1. We copied the curl-bundle from the Primary machine to the DR machine.
(It did not work).
2. We got a new curl-bundle from the Vendor along with the site
certificates (It did not work).
3. As an interim solution, we are using -k option to suppress Curl
looking for the certificate. But we still need to fix this issue due to
Security Policies.

Can you please suggest any more options that I can try. Also, wanted to
know if the curl-certificate was IP address specific (the way RSA keys
are where we need to resync the keys).

Error:-
SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
* Closing connection #0

Thanks,
Mansi F.
Off: 212-823-6931 (36931)
BB: 917-903-5356

The information contained in the linked e-mail transmission and any
attachments may be privileged and confidential and is intended only for
the use of the person(s) named in the linked e-mail transmission. If you
are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you should not
review, disseminate, distribute or duplicate this e-mail transmission or
any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
original message. We do not accept account orders and/or instructions
related to AllianceBernstein products or services by e-mail, and
therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders and/or
instructions. The linked e-mail transmission and any attachments are
provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed in
any manner as any solicitation or offer to buy or sell any investment
opportunities or any related financial instruments and should not be
construed in any manner as a public offer of any investment
opportunities or any related financial instruments. If you, as the
intended recipient of the linked e-mail transmission, the purpose of
which is to inform and update our clients, prospects and consultants of
developments relating to our services and products, would not like to
receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the sender indicating your wishes. Although we attempt to sweep
e-mail and attachments for viruses, we will not be liable for any
damages arising from the alteration of the contents of this linked e-mail
transmission and any attachments by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on. Please note: Trading instructions sent
electronically to Bernstein shall not be deemed accepted until a
representative of Bernstein acknowledges receipt electronically or by
telephone. Comments in the linked e-mail transmission and any
attachments are part of a larger body of investment analysis. For our
research reports, which contain information that may be used to
support investment decisions, and disclosures, see our website at
www.bernsteinresearch.com.