curl-users

looking for a little command line help

From: Paige Thompson <erratic_at_devel.ws>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:55:04 -0700

hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble getting curl to authenticate and get
cookies from digg.com:

curl -L -v -c asshat1234.txt -F
"username=asshat1234,password=cheese123,persistent=on" "
http://digg.com/login/prepare/digg"

I've sort of been observing this process in fiddler2, the server sends a 302
after posting to prepare and it sends me to
http://digg.com/login/verify/digg which is supposed to give me some cookies:

I've attached a screen shot of what I think should be getting stored in the
asshat1234.txt file.

I've also tried this:
curl -v -c asshat1234.txt -F
"username=asshat1234,password=cheese123,persistent=on" "
http://digg.com/login/prepare/digg"
curl -v -b asshat1234.txt -c wtf.txt "http://digg.com/login/verify/digg"

I really don't get it :S It never works right for some reason probably
because I'm not doing it right but If anybody is motivated to show me what
I'm doing wrong please by all means it would be appreciated!

PS: feel free to use the account please don't change the pass.

Thanks!!!

-Paige