curl-users

curl: (67) Authentication failure for password containing # character

From: Sharma, Meghnath <meghnath.sharma_at_adeccona.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:04:20 -0400

Hi,

 Curl Version used: curl 7.19.6
 Environment: AIX 5.3
 Command: curl -v -T test.txt -u gd94:gd#61ABC sftp://ftp.abc.com/test.txt

 I have written a Shell script that does the SFTP file transfer (using password) to a remote machine. When I use the CURL sftp command shown above I get 'Authentication Failure' issue. But when I run regular SFTP (no CURL) using same server/user/pwd information it works perfectly fine.
 I feel that CURL has an issue with '#' in the password. I even tried to escape the # character as shown below, but I got the same exception:

            curl -v -T test.txt -u gd94:gd\#61ABC sftp://ftp.abc.com/test.txt

  Is there any resolution w.r.t this issue? Or, do I have to use Regular SFTP instead?
  I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
Megh