curl-users

Re: Curl sends cookies in multiple headers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:45:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Arunkumar Manickam wrote:

Please please please please please stop top-posting!

> One cookie is set by the server which is managed by curl.
> One is application generated which is added through request headers.

curl is a command line tool, is this application then adding headers with -H
or -b? If you're talking about libcurl features, we should be on the
curl-library list and talk about which APIs that are preferred for various
things.

> will curl not sanitise the request headers and take the cookie headers
> generated by the application and combine with the cookies it manages?

Correct. It could be seen as a flaw and I wouldn't mind seeing this behavior
improved. You can also work around the problem but not adding cookies that
way.