curl-users

Re: curl pending when connect to unstable ssh server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 23:05:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 May 2011, mempool wrote:

> Solution is patched lib/ssh.c
> add
> libssh2_session_set_blocking(sshc->ssh_session, 0);
> before
> rc = libssh2_session_startup(sshc->ssh_session, sock);

Wow, thanks a lot! But please use the curl-library list in the future for
libcurl development and related matters.

I'm slightly chocked that we had such an obvious mistake in there for so long,
but yes we need to switch to non-blocking as early as possible so your fix
above is a good step towards fixing this.

I did some other cleanups as well to make this happen in a cleaner way when I
pushed this fix to the git repo, but your suggestion was the key!

My commit can be seen here:

https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/7d94af497d27543337e18