curl-users

Re: Help: "User was rejected by the SOCKS5 server "

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 23:28:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012, Her wrote:

> I come cross this problem many days,and setup 2 proxy server,but have
> the same problem:User was rejected by the SOCKS5 server

That means your proxy rejected curl's request to setup a connection through
it.

The two additional numbers it output after that text give additional info, as
the second of those pinpoints the exact reason (which isn't clear without
reading the code or the SOCKS5 spec but still...).

Guessing wildly, I'd say you're either using bad credentials or your proxy
wants another authentication mechanism than what curl supports for SOCKS5.