curl-users

RE: Program too big to fit in memory

From: Bill Mercer <bmercer_at_nccer.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:40:43 +0000

If this is happening on Windows 98, it may be exactly what it says, there might not be enough ram available for the dos prompt.
You can tweak that by editing config.sys and autoexec.bat. Google for specifics. In XP you can edit the properties of the command prompt to make some similar changes.

The only other things I personally know of that cause this are platform or file system incompatibilities, which doesn’t sound likely in your case, or corrupted system files, often related to malware infection.