curl-users

Re: Usage of 100% CPU cycle by CURL while using SFTP for transfer

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:34:26 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, anitha achar wrote:

> While using the SFTP functionality of CURL on a linux x86 machine there is
> an issue observed that the CURL uses 100% CPU cycle.
>
> The following are the versions of CURL and libssh2 used:
> Curl version 7.25.0
> libssh2-1.4.1
>
> I understand that a similar issue was observed earlier which was discussed
> as part of the following discussion:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-09/0279.html
>
> Please help me understand if this issue has been fixed in any later version
> of CURL and libssh2.

That mentioned issue was fixed and merged long before 7.25.0 ... in commit
53a8a6e5a69ad7 to be exact, present already in 7.19.3.

So either the bug came back or you've stepped into something else!

> If not, what is the alternative? Should the patches mentioned in the above
> discussion be used? Please suggest.

The best way forward is if you get the latest releases of libcurl and libssh2
and build a test version and see if the problem remains!