curl-users

Re: cURL hangs when downloading a CSV file from behind a proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 23:21:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Adam Larsen wrote:

Hey, look at the final response:

> < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> < Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:53:10 GMT
> < Server: Apache

^^^ look!

I can't fully explain exactly what's going on here, but the above is
something[1] in the server that replaces the originally intended "Connection:
close" and it makes me suspect this is a server side issue.

Something that hints to a problem in curl are these two lines:

> upload completely sent off: 258 out of 258 bytes

[response stuff cut out]

> * Keep sending data to get tossed away!

... if the upload was completed, why does it think it should keep sending
data?

[1] = I found one software package that does exactly this kind of stunt:
http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/6000/900/sol6997.html