curl-users

Curl NTLM Proxy authentication

From: Telson Alva <telson_alva_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 01:22:12 +0800 (SGT)

Hi, I have been using curl for some time now and its working fine but with a proxy which uses users 'domain\username' to authenticate curl fails asking for Authorization. Authorization method is NTLM. This code goes in a batch file. Code: curl --proxy-ntlm --proxy-user : --proxy %PROXY_URL% --user %Username%:%Password% -f -O --url "%SITE_URL%" Curl Version: curl 7.30.0 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.30.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1c zlib/1.2.7 Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp  Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz  I was under the impression that using ':' would pass on the NT Login credentials to the server. But this doesn't seem to work, when i put 'domain\username:password' instead of ':' it goes through fine. Using only 'username:password' instead of ':' results in the same 'Requires Proxy Authorization'. Any suggestions ?   Regards, Telson A