curl-users

Re: curl-users Digest, Vol 98, Issue 13

From: Martin Spliff <martin.spliff_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:38:08 +0200

> On 20 Oct 2013, at 02:01, Martin Spliff wrote:
>
>> I've got a problem with cURL. It hangs when "Trying" to connect:
>>
>> $ curl -v https://www.google.com
>> * About to connect() to www.google.com port 443 (#0)
>> * Trying 173.194.35.179...
> Does "telnet www.google.com 80" also hang? If so, I
> would suggest your machine has a connectivity problem.

Thanks for your response Alex. Telnet works just as it should:

$ telnet www.google.com 80
Trying 173.194.35.179...
Connected to www.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]

I've compiled on machine different versions of curl to check if one of
them would work, but still no luck. Tried 7.33, 7.32, 7.21.4, with and
without "--with-darwinssl" option. I'd greatly appreciate any
hints/instructions what to do to find out the source of the problem.

By the way. I've installed Ubuntu via VirtualBox. sudo apt-get installed
curl (7.22.0) and curl works as it should. So it seems this is not a
connectivity issue. It has to be something with my OS/curl. How can I
find out the reason of those hangs? Is there any log file containing
some more information? (OS X 10.7). I'd greatly appreciate any help
from you.

Regards,
Martin