curl-users

Re: nightly autobuild setup snags

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 22:26:31 +0200

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:39:21PM -0400, dev wrote:
> A few weeks ago I was trying to build curl/libcurl on Solaris 10 sparc
> and ran into a few test fails. Specifically three tests 815, 816, and
> also 1 513 . After a bit of maillist discussion I felt it may be of
> some
> benefit to try a nightly autobuild setup which may help here.
>
> So after a bit of sed/awk/grep-fu I have a nightly script which can pull
> down the latest tarball. Sorry, git is out of the question until I can
> build a recent version of git. Which seems to need every dependency in
> the Linux/GNU stack plus the kitchen sink. So tarballs for now.

Nothing wrong with thatˇXI had some tarball autobuilds running a few years ago
that caught some packaging problems that the git autobuilds just can't test.

> First problem was that curl-7.37.0-20140418/tests/testcurl.pl wants me
> to input my name and email and a system description. I guess I have to
> make a response file for that.

You only need to do it once. The results are stored in a file called "setup"
and subsequent runs no longer ask for this info.

> [...]
> --enable-tls-srp --with-ssl --with-gnutls=/usr/local
> --with-ca-path=/usr/local/ssl/certs
> testcurl: STARTING HERE
> testcurl: TRANSFER CONTROL ==== 1120 CHAR
> LINEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
> oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooLINE_END
> testcurl: NAME = Dennis Clarke
> testcurl: EMAIL = dev_at_cor0.com
> testcurl: DESC = Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b kernel=150400-01
> cc=Sun C 5.12 UltraSPARC-T2+
> testcurl: NOTES =
> testcurl: CONFOPTS = --enable-shared --enable-static
> --with-libidn=/usr/local --enable-tls-srp --with-ssl
> --with-gnutls=/usr/local --with-ca-path=/usr/local/ssl/certs
> --enable-warnings
> testcurl: CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include
> -D_TS_ERRNO -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
> testcurl: CFLAGS = -errfmt=error -erroff=%none -errshort=full -xstrconst
> -xildoff -m64 -xmemalign=8s -xnolibmil -Xa -xcode=pic32 -xregs=no%appl
> -xlibmieee -mc -g -xs -ftrap=%none -Qy -xbuiltin=%none
> -xdebugformat=dwarf -xunroll=1 -xtarget=ultraT2
> -xcache=8/16/4:4096/64/16
> testcurl: LDFLAGS =
> testcurl: LIBS =
> testcurl: CC = /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/cc
> testcurl: TMPDIR =
> testcurl: MAKEFLAGS =
> testcurl: ACLOCAL_FLAGS =
> testcurl: PKG_CONFIG_PATH =
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig
> testcurl: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH =
> testcurl: LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
> testcurl: LIBRARY_PATH =
> testcurl: SHLIB_PATH =
> testcurl: LIBPATH =
> testcurl: target =
> testcurl: version = 2012-11-30
> testcurl: date = Fri Apr 18 16:22:46 2014 UTC
> testcurl: build dir build-7933 was created fine
> testcurl: run git pull in curl
> testcurl: failed to update from curl git (-1), continue anyway

This seems suspicious. A daily tarball build should say something like
"testcurl: curl-x.y.z is verified to be a fine daily source dir"
How are you invoking testcurl.pl?

> testcurl: The most recent curl git commits:
> testcurl: invoke buildconf

A daily tarball shouldn't need buildconf. Although, the process seems to have
completed properly so it ought to still work.

> buildconf: autoconf version 2.69 (ok)
> buildconf: autom4te version 2.69 (ok)
> buildconf: autoheader version 2.69 (ok)
> buildconf: automake version 1.13 (ok)
> buildconf: aclocal version 1.13 (ok)
> buildconf: libtool version 2.4.2 (ok)
> buildconf: GNU m4 version 1.4.16 (ok)
> buildconf: running libtoolize
> buildconf: converting all mv to mv -f in local m4/libtool.m4
> buildconf: running aclocal
> buildconf: converting all mv to mv -f in local aclocal.m4
> buildconf: running autoheader
> buildconf: running autoconf
> buildconf: running automake
> configure.ac:128: installing './compile'
> configure.ac:181: installing './config.guess'
> configure.ac:181: installing './config.sub'
> docs/examples/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
> buildconf: OK
> testcurl: buildconf was successful
> testcurl: timestamp = Fri Apr 18 02:01:45 2014 UTC
> testcurl: configure created (at least it exists)
> testcurl: going with gmake as make
> testcurl: configure didn't work

You'll have to look at the logs to figure this out. You may need to
hack testcurl.pl to avoid cleaning up after itself until you figure it out.
Do you have bash installed on this machine? It could be that some bashism
sneaked into the configure script that is causing a failure.