curl-users

Re: nightly autobuild setup snags

From: dev <dev_at_cor0.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 04:45:09 -0400 (EDT)

On April 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 05:58:54PM -0400, dev wrote:
> > > This seems suspicious. A daily tarball build should say something
> > > like
> > > "testcurl: curl-x.y.z is verified to be a fine daily source dir"
> > > How are you invoking testcurl.pl?
> >
> > It is the last line in the daily script :
>
> > <snip the download foo>
> > if [ -d ../build ]; then
> > cd ../build
> > else
> > /usr/bin/printf "FAIL : build directory does not exist\n"
> > exit 1
> > fi
> >
> > #-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > # extract the tarball in the build directory
> > #-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > <more snippage>

OKay, so thank you for the continued help here. With luck I can get this
going. Probably just needs perseverance.

So I edited the script to now drop the "setup" file into the directory
where I run the perl script from. Which, as it turns out, is not the
actual
extracted source tree. See more below.

> > PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig
> > export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>
> This one overwrites the one above.

Good eye. Fixed that. Not entirely sure I need it.

> > ./tests/testcurl.pl
>
> I'm not sure how the autobuilds react when run from within the source
> tree. I've always run them from outside the tree, like this:
>
> curl-7.99.9-20140419/tests/testcurl.pl curl-7.99.9-20140419
>
> i.e. providing the path to the source tree as a testcurl.pl argument.

Well that looks like a parameter there and not just the perl script all
by itself. If this works then I may need to suggest some fixes to the
docs page at http://curl.haxx.se/dev/howto.html if I may.

I will try this again with a parameter supplied to the perl script.
Essentially what you did, provide the name of the extracted source
tree.

Well that is a better way to go I guess :

node002$ ./curl_daily_build.sh
INFO : good download
     : HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
INFO : the setup file is pre-filled
INFO : about to try autobuild
     : /usr/local/build/curl_autobuild/build/curl-7.37.0-20140419
testcurl: STARTING HERE
testcurl: TRANSFER CONTROL ==== 1120 CHAR
LINEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooLINE_END
testcurl: NAME = Dennis Clarke
testcurl: EMAIL = dev_at_cor0.com
testcurl: DESC = Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b kernel=150400-01
cc=Sun C 5.12 UltraSPARC-T2+
testcurl: NOTES =
testcurl: CONFOPTS = --enable-shared --enable-static
--with-libidn=/usr/local --enable-tls-srp --with-ssl
--with-gnutls=/usr/local --with-ca-path=/usr/local/ssl/certs
--enable-warnings
testcurl: CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-D_TS_ERRNO -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
testcurl: CFLAGS = -errfmt=error -erroff=%none -errshort=full -xstrconst
-xildoff -m64 -xmemalign=8s -xnolibmil -Xa -xcode=pic32 -xregs=no%appl
-xlibmieee -mc -g -xs -ftrap=%none -Qy -xbuiltin=%none
-xdebugformat=dwarf -xunroll=1 -xtarget=ultraT2
-xcache=8/16/4:4096/64/16
testcurl: LDFLAGS =
testcurl: LIBS =
testcurl: CC = /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/cc
testcurl: TMPDIR =
testcurl: MAKEFLAGS =
testcurl: ACLOCAL_FLAGS =
testcurl: PKG_CONFIG_PATH =
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig
testcurl: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH =
testcurl: LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
testcurl: LIBRARY_PATH =
testcurl: SHLIB_PATH =
testcurl: LIBPATH =
testcurl: target =
testcurl: version = 2012-11-30
testcurl: date = Sat Apr 19 08:39:01 2014 UTC
testcurl: curl-7.37.0-20140419 is verified to be a fine daily source dir
testcurl: build dir build-29549 was created fine
testcurl: timestamp = Sat Apr 19 02:01:44 2014 UTC
testcurl: configure created (at least it exists)
testcurl: going with gmake as make

IT stops there for a while. No idea what it is up to but I'll let it
run a while.

> > node002$ ls -lap /usr/local/bin/bash
> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 dclarke adbs 4238824 Apr 15 20:08
> > /usr/local/bin/bash
>
> You could try setting CONFIG_SHELL to the path to bash; it sounds as
> though
> configure isn't picking it up to use. But, it ought to work with ksh;
> if you
> find a specific incompatibility, we can fix it.

Or I could just set CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash, which I may do.

> > Also I go looking for logs but see none.
>
> That's why I suggested commenting out the line that cleans up the
> temporary
> directory.

OKay .. not sure where that line is. I'll look.

This process is still running here with the last line of output being :

    testcurl: going with gmake as make

I guess I'll check back on it in a while. Thank you for the input. This
is getting closer to a nightly process.

Dennis