curl-users

Re: http GET response is not received by curl where as it is received by the kernel

From: David Cuthbert <dacut_at_kanga.org>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 14:11:58 -0700

On May 24, 2014, at 3:31 AM, Guru Prasad <bgurup.ndk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting part is: during this stage, if 'iptables -L' command is issued, poll() or select() in curl returns indicating about the data.

This sounds like a kernelspace issue rather than a cURL issue. I've seen iptables do some, well, *interesting* things with packets (at least on the long-in-tooth RHEL5.x systems I'm stuck with).

To verify this, remove cURL from the equation and try a basic C program which talks somewhere on port 80, e.g.:
http://kanga.org/~dacut/etc/test_port_80.c

If that fails in the same way, you know the problem is in the kernel layer.

Hope this helps.