curl-users

Re: Parallel Query with Connection Keepalive

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 17:45:59 +0100

On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 01:28:33PM -0000, Abdul Hakeem wrote:
> Could anyone guide me to how to connect to MySQL HTTP plugin in to make:
>
> 1. Parallel query
> 2. Connection-Keepalive
>
> Basically my goal is for Curl to make multiple queries without
> connection/reconnection overhead.

You don't say, but if you're talking about the curl command-line tool, it will
(can) only keep the connection open until the process exits, so just those URLs
passed on the command-line will be sent on the same connection. If you're
talking about libcurl with a language binding, you're using the wrong mailing
list, but libcurl will do this by default.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "parallel query". If you truly want the
queries to be run in parallel you'll need more than one connection (or, I
suppose, HTTP/2), which goes against your second point, so you'll have to be
more clear. If you mean pipelining, libcurl can do that, too.

>>> Dan