curl-and-php

Re: libcurl 7.7 adjustments

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:32:12 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:

> I'll do that. :-)

You're a star!

> Do you have documentation on the new features, or do I get to dig through
> the source ?

I am doing my best adding notes to the existing man pages and the
docs/LIBCURL document right now (available in the CVS and the LXR browsable
sources on the curl web site). There are still things that are to be done and
everything isn't really set in stone, but the concepts are there to stay.

The main concept is very easy to grasp: you can transfer any amount of files
using the same libcurl handle. There's no need to init/cleanup between
transfers. Libcurl will then attempt to re-use connections instead of always
just close and do new connections between each transfer.