curl-and-php

Re: php in upcoming curl release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:55:54 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:

> As far as the extension is concerned, I don't like making
> interface changes, because people tend not to be happy when there
> old scripts stop working, however, retrospectively, there were a
> couple of things I could've done better, so I might change the
> extension api (this has been bothering my brain for a few months
> now), to include the persistent connections and modify a few other
> things that have been nagging me. Any thoughts on the matter?

I'm very familiar with the "don't change the interface" thinking. That's also
why I'm so happy with this new functionality in libcurl that is brought
_without_ any changed interface.

The only thing that has changed (well, not the only, but one that is visible
interface-wise) is that the new version allows a different usage of the
functions, since now we can transfer several files using the same curl handle
(as returned by the init call).

Perhaps all you need is to make sure (and document) that the PHP interface
can use libcurl this way, and then you're fine! (*having a look*) yes, that
should probably be it.