curl-and-php

Compiling PHP with curl

From: Sebastian Lemke <s.lemke_at_in-medias-res.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:28:32 -0000

Hi everybody,

I am running into problems compiling php4.0.4pl1 (I have tried it with an
early 4.0.5dev also) with openssl and curl.
Everytime I try to start apache I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 240 of /etc/httpd.attuk/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local.attuk/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
libcurl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/local.attuk/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

What is the reason for this ?????

The libcurl.so.1 file exists in the directory /usr/local/lib.

Can anybody help me (PLEASE!).

Regards,
Sebastian