curl-and-php

Re: AW: Compiling PHP with curl

From: john <splish__splash_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:54:05 -0800 (PST)

I'm having problems when i compile PHP w/ curl
support. Here's my ./configure command:

./configure --with-xml --with-curl=/usr/local/curl
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.19 --enable-track-vars

Everything seems to work right, I do that ./configure,
make and make install and no errors come up.

The problem is, when I look at my test php file, which
just had this in it:
<?
phpinfo();
?>
Curl isn't listed. I tried doing a dl() to load up the
module (libcurl.so). Then I tried to put the full path
and got this:

Warning: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library)
'libcurl.so'

This is the same exact problem that this guy posted to
phpbuilder.com:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/forum/archives/3/2000/8/4/101183

what gives?