curl-and-php

RE: HTTP post with PHP & CURL using basic authenticationandfollowingredirect

From: Edin Kadribasic <edink_at_proventum.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:37:38 +0100

OK. Now I know what is happening. The page I'm trying to get is a form
that uses post method to modify itself. If it detects POST it will
redirect to itself with different GET parameters, and so on. cURL is
posting even on redirect which makes this form think it has been
submitted again, and it again issues a redirect, so we end up in a
redirect loop.

I thinks this behaviour of cURL should be changes since no browser that
I know of will use POST to get page that it was redirected to. It should
use GET instead (when following a redirect).

--
Edin Kadribasic
UNIX Developer