curl-and-php

Re: Why is curl slow in reading a </html>less page?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:03:52 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Mohamed LRHAZI wrote:

> >curl -V
> curl 7.6.1 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.6.1 (SSL 0.9.5)

I think 7.6.1 has problems with the "Connection: keep-alive" that your server
sends. I even think that's a http spec violation. Not that that helps anyone
to know.

> I can reproduce this from command line as follows:
>
> $ date ;curl http://host.domain:7001/customerq.htm;date
> Sun Mar 25 23:33:48 EST 2001
> <HEAD><TITLE>Invalid User</TITLE></HEAD>
> <BODY><H2>Invalid User</H2>
> </BODY>
> Sun Mar 25 23:34:18 EST 2001

Yeah, the keep-alive header says 30 seconds timeout and this surely takes 30
seconds...

> Thanx for any hints.

Try curl 7.7. Curl 7.7 is a whole lot better at dealing with persistant
connections. It would be very interesting to know if it works better,
otherwise there's a bug we need to address...