curl-and-php

Re: PHP/Curl: Any Way to Follow a REFRESH Meta Tag?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:41:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Keller, Bryan wrote:

> The FOLLOWLOCATION option works great. Thing is, I need curl to follow a
> refresh meta tag. True, I could parse the tag into a value and run curl
> again, but I need it to follow the refresh while still authenticated,
> during the same session.

I think you're mixing things here.

First, curl can't follow refresh meta tags, as those tags are in the HTTP
body, which curl never cares about.

But, there is no "same session" when talking HTTP. They're all just
single-shot requests. When browsers follow these tags, they issue another
request and so could you (if you parse the tags and discover the refresh).