curl-and-php

RE: RH 7 Compilation

From: Paul McGarry <PaulM_at_opentec.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:06:40 +1000

Yes, if you want to use cURL with SSL support in anyway (ie
using PHP internel functions or via 'command line') cURL must
be compiled with SSL support.

With respect to compiling PHP against a version of cURL that
supports SSL I think the problem you often come across (or
the one I did last time I did it) is solely a linking one.
If you modify your configure file so that the line:
LIBS="-lcurl $LIBS"
reads instead as:
LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto -lcurl $LIBS"
you should be good to go.

Compiling with the -openssl option effectively does this
for you (and also compiles other openssl functions into PHP
itself).

http://bugs.php.net/?id=9642

--
Paul McGarry            mailto:paulm_at_opentec.com.au
Systems Integrator      http://www.opentec.com.au
Opentec Pty Ltd         http://www.iebusiness.com.au
6 Lyon Park Road        Phone: (02) 9870 4718
North Ryde NSW 2113     Fax:   (02) 9878 1755
This document and any attachments are intended solely for
the named addressee(s), are confidential, and may be subject to
legal professional privilege. Please notify us (on +61-2 9878 1744)
as soon as possible if you have received this document in error.
Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this
email has been sent to you by mistake. This document and any
attachments are subject to copyright.  No part of them should be
reproduced or distributed by any means whatsoever without the
prior consent of the copyright owner.  Opentec does not warrant
that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.