curl-and-php

Re[2]: CURL with SSL on Linux

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:40:09 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, php wrote:

[Please don't take this off the list, this is very much a curl and php topic.
We deal with those on this mailing list!]

> >> While opening an https:// site I got an error:
> >> SSL: error:140920C5:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLOld session cipher
> >> not returned
>
> DS> Maybe. I think you should try to force your end into talking SSLv2.
>
> When CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION option is set it errors out It cannot open
> the next page.
>
> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
> I commented that string and error disapeared.
> Any thoughts ???

Yes, it was probably the second location that had the problem so when you
only fetched the first place it doesn't appear no more.

If you include a protocol dump (CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1) with your mail, it might
be easier to see this actually happen.

If you use the curl command line tool, does it work then?

If you only get the single URL that curl wants to follow to, does it work
then?

Do you have access to the server, can you check its logs?

If nothing works, try the 'openssl' tool (it gets installed when you install
OpenSSL) and try the SSL connection with a command like this:

% openssl s_client -connect ssl-machine.site.com:443 -state -debug