curl-and-php

Re: Re : shutting curl up

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:31:49 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, mixo wrote:

[ curl 7.5.2 ]

> Yes it is old. The problem is I need 'ssl' support. I have tried to
> upgrade to 7.9.1, and there was one 'small' but 'huge' problem: 'ssl'.
> 7.9.1 reqiures a newer version of 'openssl',

It does? I can't recall any such requirements. I think you're talking about
some kind of pre-built binary package when you say that. You should be able
to build curl from sources against pretty old versions of OpenSSL.

> and on my system, the older version is needed but at least 12 apps
> including php,apache, postgresql,ssh...

They all require an old version of OpenSSL? Most programs have this "requires
at least version X" of OpenSSL.

> In short an upgrade on my current system 'breaks' everything that
> requires 'ssl'. Until I upgrade my system , an upgrade in unlikely.

What if your problem was solved in a later version of php, the php-curl
wrapper or curl then? (I'm not saying it was, because I don't think this is a
curl problem and I don't know enough about php or the php-curl module to
identify things like this.)