curl-and-php

Re: Curl 7.9.2 install problem w. OpenSSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:29:07 +0100 (MET)

The answer is found here: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2001-10/0019.html

> I'm using:
> RedHat Linux (Sun Cobalt Raq) 6.2
> OpenSSL 0.94 libraries and binaries in /usr/local/ssl
> OpenSSL 0.95 binary in /usr/sbin/ (no libraries for this version)
>
> I'm trying to get it to go with the 0.94 version and I used the standard
> ./configure --with-ssl, which didn't report any problems finding the SSL
> stuff.
>
> I didn't have trouble compiling curl7.8 with SSL, so I'm not sure why I'm
> having problems now.

Because the more recent versions of curl are using function calls in OpenSSL
that are only present in 0.9.5 and later versions. You need to upgrade your
OpenSSL libraries.

This *could* be made conditional in the source code, so that we could still
compile and build with older versions of OpenSSL, but no one has done that.