curl-and-php

Re: PHP4 and cURL with SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:04:11 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Roman Eich wrote:

[sorry for not having replied earlier, I've been away from my mail the last
two weeks something]

> does anyone know how to handle cURL exitcode 1 or 2?

"handle" ? When curl returns an error, it means it failed. There's not much
to do about that, accept for cases when you spelled the URL wrong etc.

> I try to connect an SSL site from my SSL server but both versions
> (commandline and PHP) return exitcode 1!

You could try reading the error message, it is a bit more verbose and easy to
understand.

Or try the man page:

       1 Unsupported protocol. This build of curl has no
              support for this protocol.

> One command line script returns exitcode 2!?

       2 Failed to initialize.

Seems very odd. I'd be interested to get to know how to make sure this
doesn't happen in the future.