curl-and-php

Re: CURLOPT_TIMEOUT has no effect in Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:04:20 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Jon Acker wrote:

> Tested on Win2k with php 4.1.0, curl 7.9.2 (openssl 0.9.6) curl_setopt($ch,
> CURLOPT_TIMEOUT Anyone else tried using this option?

You mean it doesn't work at all or that it doesn't abort during name
resolving?

On win32, we have no means at all to stop system calls, such as
gethostbyname() so libcurl will not timeout during them. It should however
discover the timeout after getting back control.

I want to introduce proper asynch DNS lookups that supports timeouts on all
platforms, but that is still in the TODO...