curl-and-php

Re: CURLOPT_TIMEOUT has no effect in Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:33:11 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Jon Acker wrote:

> >You mean it doesn't work at all or that it doesn't abort during name
> >resolving?
>
> I don't think it's at the name resolution phase - the program connects and
> everything. It's just the value of CURLOPT_TIMEOUT is ignored.

I find that very strange.

I forwarded this proeblem to the libcurl mailing list. I don't develop under
windows myself, so I have a hard time to figure out anything like this would
happen. The code that deals with timeouts during transfers are not platform
specific and should work on windows (too).

I'm grateful for any further digging you can do in the matter, although I
understand perfectly if you're not capable of persuing this any further.