curl-and-php

Re: CURL in PH 4.1.1 ?!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:47:57 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Ingo Fischer wrote:

[ reply CC'ed to the curl-and-php mailing list, please post follow-ups there ]

> In PHP 4.1.1 the curl-functionality still don't works ... any idea when it
> will work again ?

Let me take this opportunity to rant. This is not directed to you personally,
Ingo, you just triggered me! ;-)

Exactly what do you mean with "the curl-functionality still don't works" ?
Surely all those who use curl in PHP aren't halucinating?

The php/curl module in PHP (written by Sterling Hughes) is a glue-layer
between the PHP engine and libcurl. Thus, problems in PHP with the CURL
functions can be in: PHP, the php/curl module or libcurl. When SSL is
involved, the problem can also be in OpenSSL and/or because of inconsistenses
in how PHP and libcurl init or not init the SSL stuff.

More facts: Some people have no problems with PHP 4.1.1 and libcurl using
HTTPS. Some people do.

 To once and for all get to the bottom with these problems, we need *EXACT*
and *DETAILED* descriptions on what doesn't work, why doesn't it work and
stories from people that have made it work. We need people to fire up their
debuggers and start digging, we need people to get down on the bits and
shovel around.

 libcurl works perfectly fine with SSL in all other circumstances, why I
don't believe this is a libcurl-only problem. I think this problem occurs
because of an odd combination in a weird way.

Personally, I've never written a single line of PHP code.