curl-and-php

mystery solved

From: <theexperts_at_allprodirect.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:33:59 -0500

Okay, I figured it out!

Thanks Daniel for the suggestion of using a packet sniffer. That really
helped me figure this out.

It's not any kind of blockage on the part of the remote host... it's a
problem with curl, specifically version 7.9.3 according to Bugs item
#508235. I.e. a problem following redirects.

The script needs to go to the site's home page to establish a session id,
then go to the desired page. There are redirects happening all over the
place, and apparently curl isn't following even the first one to get the
session id.

Okay, mystery solved. Now how to get my hosting provider to upgrade to
7.9.5... :-( (would it be a pain for them?)

-J.