curl-and-php

Re: posting and maintaining session

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:07:50 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Andrew Hazen wrote:

> Here's an interesting question:

> If you open a curl connection to a url. And then open another curl
> connection to a page deeper in the same site before closing the first
> connection, would both connections be part of the same session on the
> server you are accessing? Essentially, I want to follow a path through a
> set of pages where there are not redirects to hook onto.

Yes and no.

Yes, that's basicly what libcurl allows you to do. Re-use the same handle to
do multiple operations, and then it'll automaticly use the one single
connection for a series of requests.

But (there's always a but!) I don't think the PHP binding is adjusted for
this and thus this can't be done (yet). Of course, nothing prevents you from
correcting this and thus let you enjoy sequental requests over persistent
connections.

Sterling (author of the PHP libcurl binding) himself should be able to
elaborate on this...