curl-and-php

multiple simultaneous transfers

From: <theexperts_at_allprodirect.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:36:53 -0500

Esteemed cURLers,

The vast majority of the time required by my application is in waiting for
the responses from the remote servers. Hence, it really is necessary to
submit multiple requests and let the remote servers work on them
simultaneously. Then my script can deal with the results in the order in
which they are received.

I.e.: using a repeating loop keeping track of the current stage of progress,
submit request to each remote server, check each one for a response, read a
chunk of the response, if the end of file is reached then process the
response and output the results.

How would this be implemented with curl, specifically libcurl? After
searching all over, I have found several references to it, but no
explanations of how to do it. Perhaps using curlopt_progressfunction or
curlopt_file/_range/_resume_from? Or does it need to be done with the
command line interface?

If I have to do it without curl, that's okay, but I would rather not get
into doing that unless I have to.

Thanks,

-J.